gas fireplace ventless offers products that are easy to use and easy to manage. To further improve its quality, here’s an article that teaches you how to clean your vent free fireplace.
Cleaning The Gas Fireplace
The gas fireplace sometimes poses risks in health because it can be the potential breeding ground of bacteria, or it may accumulate dust and dirt, etc. To ensure the way you’re cleaning is correct, here are a few steps you should follow:
- Turn off the gas
- Open the glass cover. If possible, remove the whole thing. If not, open up to the widest angle possible.
- Clean all sides of the glass cover using cleaning material specially made for fireplaces.
- After all the wiping, check the whole fireplace for any debris or leftover dirt from the last session. You may use an old, used toothbrush.
- Once you’ve loosened up the scraps and dirt accumulation, get your vacuum and clean up everything until you’re satisfied with the cleanliness of your fireplace.
Cleaning The Logs
It isn’t enough that you clean the fireplace itself because the logs you use may also cause potential health hazards if left alone. Here are simple steps to follow right after you wash your furnace first:
- Make sure to close the gas and shut off the fireplace to ensure safety
- Take a picture of the log arrangement you have (so that you won’t have a hard time reassembling them after)
- Take out the logs and vacuum all debris
- If you have a can of compressed air, use it to further clean your fireplace of debris by locating a small hole inside and allowing waste to go out through there
- Reassemble logs once finished.
If you’re not happy with just wiping your glass door, you can do more by opting not to use materials that may potentially damage your fireplace. It is important to remember that taking care and maintaining your furnace will set you up for more years of usage. Ensure that you always wipe and clean areas (even the unnoticeable ones) and refrain from using cleaning tools you use for other equipment. For example, you remembered you have a new oven cleaning spray or foam. Do not risk destroying your fireplace all because you want to save money by using one chemical on both different items.
For more ventless fireplace to choose from, visit gas fireplace ventless.